If adult cartoons are bad for kids, should they be aired on TV?

This was a hard decision for me personally. I'm a Christian, but I'm not unrealistic. I am the grandmother of seven grandchildren of varied ages, from toddler to teenager. I personally dislike adult cartoons. I think they are vulgar and in poor taste, like a lot of other shows on television these days. However, there is a demand for adult cartoons and a lot of other sexually explicit and adult humor. There is also a large demand for violent shows and movies. As long as there is a demand, television stations will provide them. The days of Ozzie and Harriet are gone. They aren't coming back. While a lot of programs are not suitable for children to view, that doesn't mean that adults should be told what they can or cannot watch on TV. There are programs that I personally like that I do not think are appropriate for children. I don't think that I should be deprived from watching them. Censorship can be carried too far. I don't want anyone telling me what I can or cannot watch. That doesn't mean that adult programs should be on prime time television or children's cartoon channels. Television stations should air questionable programs later at night. It is basically a parent's job to censer what a child watches. Parents should try to be aware of what their children are watching, but sometimes that can be hard. No matter how hard they try, they can't always be everywhere at once. A lot of children have televisions in their rooms. Some televisions can be set so that a child cannot access certain stations. Unfortunately, sometimes they are still subjected to unsavory programs that their parents are unaware of. Once I woke up in the middle of the night and caught my young grandson watching Adult Swim. It was on a cartoon station. I didn't realise that they showed adult cartoons on a station that is watched mostly by children. I was shocked. Adult cartoons are very bad for children and should not be aired at a time when children are normally up watching television. They should not be aired at all on a children's channel. Adult cartoons belong on adult channels. If they are aired on regular channels, then they should be aired after 9 pm. They should never be aired on channels that carry mostly children's cartoons and family shows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons why Retailers should not Open and Offer Sales on Thanksgiving Day

My Favorite Time of the Year

The Christmas Season Is Upon Us